Carolina Friends School will operate on a regular schedule today.
CFS draws students from a large area, and road conditions may vary in periods of inclement weather. Thus, we urge parents to use their own best judgment concerning whether to send a student to school.
The decision to open or close school is made by 7 am. Please do not call the school or staff for an earlier decision. Please refresh your brower to be sure you have the latest information.
--- There are no items at this time. ---
About Snow Days
Conditions on local county roads surrounding the main campus often differ from those in town. It is this county situation that dictates our closings.
If bad weather sets in during the school day, feel free to pick up your children at your discretion. You needn't call first. Please make prior arrangements with your children and their drivers concerning at-school closings. Remind Upper School students who drive carpools to make plans with their riders ahead of time in case of an early school dismissal. Our phone lines do not meet the needs of some 500 students when at-school closings occur.
Every attempt is made to open school every day as planned. However, parents should know that the conditions on local county roads often differ from those in town. The county road conditions dictate our closings.
- In the case of weather-related school closings, the CFS website and the SchoolMessenger emergency contact system will be used to communicate school opening/closing information.
- Information also will be recorded on the School Inclement Weather Line (dial 919.383.6602, then press 8).
- In the local media, check websites for WRAL and WTVD news, or tune to television channels 11 (WTVD) and 5 (WRAL).
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- The decision to open or close school is made in the morning by 7 am unless conditions are utterly clear the night before. As soon as a decision is made, it will be publicized. Please do not call the school or staff for an earlier decision.
- Local stations often are swamped by announcements and may miss us from time to time. Please try the CFS website and the CFS Inclement Weather Line before concluding that school is in session.
- If bad weather sets in during the school day, feel free to pick up your children at your discretion. You needn’t call first. Please make PRIOR arrangements with your children and their drivers concerning sameday school closings. Remind Upper School students who drive carpools to make plans with their riders ahead of time in case of early dismissal of school.