Meeting the Challenge
Long-Range Strategic Plan
To build a sustainable educational community for a responsible, global future by enhancing Carolina Friends School's capacity to equip and inspire students to learn, lead, and serve.
The CFS Board of Trustees in December 2008 approved the School's fourth five-year strategic plan (one which actually looks out 40 years!). Meeting the Challenge emerged from a community-wide process to consider the question: "What will it take for Carolina Friends School to thrive?"
The resulting recommendations came in these areas:
- Achieving Economic Sustainability Through Advancement
- Arts: Integral to the 21st Century Curriculum
- Environmental Education: Preparing for the Global Challenges of Our Time
- Global/International Studies: Preparing Students for Global Citizenship
- Professional Culture: Nurturing Our Staff
- Land and Facilities: Nurturing Our Learning Environment
- Quaker Character: Preserving and Strengthening the Spiritual Foundation of the School
Implementation has included everything from the 2009 hiring of a Director of Advancement to the Lower School renovations and addition completed in Fall 2015. Learn more by reading the plan.
The Building Friends capital campaign (launched publicly in March 2013) has supported the realization of many of the physical plant initiatives.
We hope you're inspired by the audacious aspirations of Meeting the Challenge and we invite you to consider how you might support the vision. For more information, please contact Anthony L. Clay, Director of Advancement, at email@example.com or 919.383.6602 x268.